CRC Cold Galvanizing Spray Zinc, 400ml/Can
CRC Bright Zinc’s unique formulation combines superior rust inhibiting properties of zinc with a tough but flexible resin coating for heavy-duty protection and a bright finish of new galvanizing.
Pure zinc particles are embedded in a resin system which forms a quick-drying highly-protective coating on bare steel or iron, with more than 50% highest purity zinc in the dried film.
This organo-zinc coating provides an effective barrier for protection of treated surfaces from environmental conditions like moisture, humidity, water and heat while the zinc particles – due to sacrificial anodization of zinc – stop rust and rust creepage if the coating is scratched, abraded or dented.
CRC Bright Zinc provides a gloss top-coat finish but unlike standard paint systems, resists undercutting and blistering from corrosion.
CRC Bright Zinc is ideal for touch-up and repair of damaged galvanized surfaces and effective long-term rust protection with the bright look of a newly galvanized surface.
For ultimate protection, prime the metal surface with CRC Zinc It then apply CRC Bright Zinc as a top coat.
CRC Bright Zinc provides excellent cover and is capable to be applied as a heavy film for extra protection without forming runs, delivered from a unique aerosol system giving a smooth even coat.
Ongoing protection can be achieved through simple re-coating within 5 years, depending on conditions. Protection in extreme conditions may require re-application more frequently.
Features & Benefits
- Zinc-rich – More than 50% highest purity zinc in the dried film, embedded in a protective enamel coating
- Protective Coating – Resistant to salt corrosion, water and heat. Powerful protection in harsh conditions
- Bright galvanized finish – Ideal for repairing damaged galvanized surfaces to restore rust protection
- Excellent adhesive qualities – Forms a tough coat for long-term protection
- Easy application – High film build in one step
- Heat Resistance – Up to 120°C
- Long-term corrosion protection – Corrosion Protection Factor 60 (up to 5 years outdoors before recoating is necessary, depending on conditions)
- Sacrificial anodization of Zinc – Stops rust and rust creepage even when scratched, abraded or dented
- Fast drying – Touch dry in 20 minutes, recoat immediately, full cure in 24 hours
- Easy re-application over existing film and/or clean surfaces – For ongoing protection
- Single coat – No overcoating required. For additional protection, prime the metal surface with CRC Zinc It prior to applying CRC Bright Zinc
- Ready to Use Aerosol – No additional mixing or chemical additives required. Easy application. No clean up
- Does not contain CFCs, methylene chloride
- MPI Approved C23