The Ship Captain’s Medical GuidePublication Code: GP140
The Ship Captain's Medical Guide is intended primarily for use on vessels where there is no medical professional, such as a doctor, on board. It provides assistance and direction for crew members when it becomes necessary for them to assess and treat trauma and medical illness.
For the 23rd edition, the guide has been comprehensively rewritten, with the aim of reflecting current best medical practice, applying this to the maritime environment. The new guide also incorporates advances over the past 20 years in medical technology, treatment algorithms and global communications.
- Flow charts to aid evaluation and treatment
- Incorporation of 'red flags' to aid identification of potentially life-threatening conditions
- Clear, authoritative advice and easy-to-follow guidance
- Step-by-step illustrations to explain emergency procedures
- Cross-references to further detail
- Anatomical illustrations
Publication Author: Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA)
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.