VpCI®-329 D Oil-Based Concentrates
VpCI®-329 D is a ready-to-use oil-based rust preventive. VpCI®- 329 D provides excellent protection to metals in indoor and outdoor sheltered conditions. VpCI®-329 D protects in two unique ways. First, oil-soluble corrosion inhibitors offer a tenacious film which clings to metal surfaces, providing excellent contact corrosion protection. In addition to this film barrier, VpCI®-329 D releases vapor phase corrosion inhibitors into the air that attach electrochemically to the metal surface. VpCI®-329 D is great for protecting metal parts that require a light coat of oil for further processing and shipment; such as gears, spindles, coils, or any other metal part that uses oil for corrosion protection.
- Performs effectively even under the adverse conditions of 100% relative humidity and in the presence of such corrosive species as chlorides, hydrogen sulfide, or other sulfur compounds
- High flash and fire points
- Contains no hazardous chromates, nitrites, or phosphate inhibitors
- Provides universal corrosion protection to ferrous and nonferrous metals
- Thermally stable, providing long-lasting contact and corrosion protection
- VpCI®-329 D is a special version of VpCI®-329 that is diluted 1:9 and is ready-to-use
Method of Application:
- VpCI®-329 D can be sprayed, dipped, rolled, or brushed onto metal surfaces.
- Appearance: Hazy to opaque yellow to tan liquid
- Carrier: Light naphthenic oil
- Coverage: 960-1450 ft2/gal (24-36 m2/l)
- Drying Time: Remains tacky
- Film Thickness (dry film): 1-1.5 mils (25-37.5 microns)
- Film Type: Oily
- Flash Point: 295ºF (146ºC)
- Non-volatile Content: 87-97%
- Odor: Petroleum
- Removal Method: Petroleum solvents/alkaline cleaners (VCI-410 series)
- Density: 7.4-7.6 lb/gal (0.89-0.91kg/l)
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.