VpCI®-329 Oil-Based Concentrates
VpCI®-329 is an oil-based vapor corrosion inhibiting concentrate for use with lubricating, hydraulic, and preservation oils, and provides excellent protection in sheltered outdoor/indoor conditions. VpCI®-329 protects in two unique ways by offering a tenacious film, which clings to metal surfaces as well as vapor phase inhibitors into the air above the oil. The vapors condense and form a protective barrier on metal surfaces that are not in contact with the oil. This combination allows complete protection to internal system parts.
- Contains no hazardous chromates, nitrites, or phosphate inhibitors
- High flash and fire points
- Protects ferrous metals, zinc, galvanized steel, aluminum, copper, and brass.
- Compatible with most oils
- Can be fogged into metal compartments
- Parts can be dipped and stored
- VpCI®-329 provides good salt spray resistance
- NATO #6850-66-132-6100 / NSN #6850-01-470-3359
- VpCI®-329 is commercial equivalent to MIL-PRF-46002C (Grade 1)
Method of Application:
- Short-term protection: One part VpCI®-329 to 19 parts oil.
- Medium-term protection: One part VpCI®-329 to 9 parts oil.
- Long-term protection: One part VpCI®-329 to 4 parts oil.
- Storing metal parts: Spray, dip, or brush VpCI®-329 onto metal parts before storage.
- Storage for lubricating, hydraulic, and metal cutting systems: Add Cortec® VpCI®-329 to oil in engines before storage. For best results, add VpCI®-329 to the oil, then cycle or run the engine for 10 minutes before shutdown.