VpCI®-368 Solvent Based Temporary Coating
VpCI®-368 is a fast drying, solvent-based temporary coating that provides protection in harsh, outdoor, unsheltered applications yet is easily removed with alkaline cleaners such as VpCI®-414. Provides multi-metal protection. Can be matched to some custom colors.
Substrate should be free of grease, oil, dirt, fingerprints, drawing compounds, rust inhibitors, or any other surface contamination that could affect adhesion. For structural steel applications, Cortec® recommends a minimum of a NACE #3/ SSPCSP6 commercial blast clean. Consult Cortec® Technical Service and/or test system adhesion prior to full scale application. Power agitate to a uniform consistency using a “squirrel cage” type mixer, hand-held drill mixer, or other equivalent method. VpCI®-368 can be applied by spray, roll, brush, or dip.
Typical Equipment Setups
HVLP / Conventional Spray
- Tip .009”-.021” *dependent upon pressures and viscosity
- Air Pressure 45-55 psi
- Fluid Pressure 10 psi
- Fluid hose should be 3/8” (0.95 cm) I.D. with a maximum length of 50 feet (15.2 m). Pot should always have dual regulation and be kept at same elevation as spray gun.
Air Assisted Airless / Airless
- Tip .015”-.035” *dependent upon pressures and viscosity
- Pressure 1800-2500 psi
- Hose should be 3/8” (0.95 cm) I.D. minimum, but a ¼”
- (0.64 cm) I.D. whip end section may be used for ease of application. A maximum length of 100 feet (30.5 m) is suggested.
Clean tools/equipment immediately after use with water when coating is still wet. When dry, use Butyl Cellusolve or MEK. Follow mfg’s safety recommendations when using any solvent.
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.